- Director Liam Chapple
- Production Company Carbon
- Executive Producer Matt McManus
- Head of Production Tia Perkins
- Production EP Derek Goldsmith
- Producer Krystle Timm
- Line Producer Emily Weinstein
- Executive Producer, Color Laurie Adrianopoli
- DP Bjorn Amundsen
- VFX Supervisor Frank Grecco
- VFX Supervisor Tobey Lindback
- CG Lead Artist Dan Fine
- Colorist Julien Biard
- CG Artist Frank Grecco
- CG Artist Will Moody
- CG Artist Mike Penny
- CG Artist Andrew Boccio
- CG Artist Ryan Hussain
- CG Artist Rob Somers
- CG Artist Dan Barker
- 2D Artist Jen Howard
- 2D Artist Michael Sarabia
- 2D Artist Andrew Santanastaso
- 2D Artist Ari Reisner
- Design Mark Ross
- Brand Georgia Lottery
- President & CEO Gretchen Corbin
- SVP Marketing & Product Development James Hutchinson
- Agency BBDO
- EVP/Chief Creative Officer Robin Fitzgerald
- VP/Creative Director Derrick Ogilvie
- VP/Creative Director Jon Mueller
- Copywriter Karl Mitchell
- Sr. Art Director Alex Somoza
- SVP/Account Director Ami Weiner,
- Account Supervisor Tamarra Michel
- SVP/Head of Production Heather Haley
- Sr. Producer Mickey Strider
- Editorial Company Whitehouse Post
- Editor Dan Zabinski
- Assistant Editor Toni Alvarez
- Executive Producer Kristin Angeletti
- Producer Jojo Scheerer
Directed by Carbon’s ECD Liam Chapple, we dove into an epic adventure through a series of fantastical landscapes, each as magical as the next in Georgia Lottery’s ‘Diggi Games Wondrous Worlds.’
The first thing that grabbed us about the brief for the online games were the many realms that unfold before our hero as he goes deeper down into the rabbit hole. We wanted the audience to feel the excitement and surprise each step of the way and had a lot fun collaborating on storyboards and world building with the teams at Georgia Lottery and BBDO.
On Set with Carbon Director Liam Chapple
With such a playful story and characters we knew we’d have a fun day on set. Throughout the day, Liam and team travelled from a real-world cafe, across three green screen lands and back again.
We had all of sorts of toys on set for this one, and the production dept were on top of their game. We were lucky enough to collaborate again with the amazing DP Bjorn (Amundsen) who’s work we have always admired. Safe to say he made light work of it… (sorry, not sorry!).
Due to the meticulous pre-production process, we had a really clear vision for worlds and how the lighting in them looked. Bjorn and his G&E team designed the lighting to give us a huge range of flexibility in a short turnaround time. We wanted to have a lot of in camera lighting interactions to help with the compositing, as we had such stylized environments. This involved all sorts of Titan tubes, animated gobos and an amazing DMX board tech, Mark Davis working with actual magic.
Styleframes and World Building: Rubies Rubies Rubies!
We leapt into the design and storyboards stage of the project with gusto! It’s one of Liam’s favorite parts of the process as it’s the beginining of seeing the worlds come together from thin air and understanding the beats of the story. The resulting style frames and storyboards were also key to allowing the creative team at BBDO and Georgia Lottery relax, giving them a clear understanding of what to expect after the shoot.
Styleframes and World Building: Gooooold!
Styleframes and World Building: Monolopy
A big part of the storytelling was centered around the transitions between worlds, and how our hero travelled from one to the next. We wanted to use themes either related to the games themselves or to the physical movement involved in using a phone (swipe right, anyone?).
Check out more of Liam’s games themed work in Verizon’s ‘Got Any Games on Your Phone?‘.