Carbon is an independent creative production studio for artists, producers, and clients that enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Based in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, we partner with agencies, brands, filmmakers, and friends, crafting ideas into valuable content.
Some people swear by focusing on doing one thing really (really) well. We agree. So, we’ve gathered them all together and call them Carbon. We have formed an innovative, script-to-ship studio that is made up from specialists in every discipline. We are collaborative, award-winning, and solution-oriented directors, designers, CGI & VFX artists, animators, colorists, and producers. We understand the contemporary content-driven landscape, offering a fully-integrated solution, from concept to distribution and anything in between.
Description of Role
The role of a Production Coordinator is to assist the production team on projects from edit through to delivery at Carbon. You must have excellent work ethic, a passion for producing and want to become a producer, take impeccable notes, and have a willingness to learn. Ideally you have assisted at a previous job and have a basic knowledge of production VFX/CG from working as a runner, a scheduler, or a coordinator before. It’s important to have superb communication, team work and organizational skills.
The Production Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Producers, Head of Production and Executive Producers in the day to day running of current jobs and projects. This person will be involved in shadowing bidding, scheduling projects and learning the processes for Carbon production team to ensure they run smoothly.
Get in touch with your e-mail and LinkedIn below! Or e-mail your CV and info to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
* Attend client meetings at the bidding/pitch stage to take detailed notes and ensure the team has all notes and comments directly following the meeting.
* Assist in setting up projects in CETA, schedule bidding meetings for Producers and assist in learning to draft cover letters for bids with a list of inclusions and exclusions based on bid specs and client comments.
* Ability to confidently and effectively discuss/ ask questions of Producers and Artists as you learn Production more thoroughly.
* A self starter, we are looking for someone that sees a need and jumps in to fulfill that need.
* Quick response time to Producers and internal staff, to acknowledge the ask and that you are working on it.
* Track invoicing of the client and accounting, liasing with accounting to make sure New Vendors are set up properly and that billing is being received etc.
* Assist scheduling with freelance outreach and getting holds for the Project Team.
* Compile credit list and PR details at job wrap.
* Good working knowledge and relationships with other Carbon offices, Producers and Production Coordinators.
Skills & Requirements:
* Attention to detail and a willingness to go the extra mile.
* Can multitask and change direction to adapt to the current needs of a project.
* Organized and able to prioritize tasks.
* Resourceful and lateral thinking.
* Able to communicate with your Producer and Production team effectively.
* Have worked in a Production office, On Set, Production Assistant, or in house Runner at an Editorial, Post Production, or Production Company.
* Ultimate goal is to become a Producer and want to take on your own projects in the future.
* Flexible working hours.