Carbon is an independent creative production studio for artists, producers, and clients that enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Based in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, we partner with agencies, brands, filmmakers, and friends, crafting ideas into valuable content.
Some people swear by focusing on doing one thing really (really) well. We agree. So, we’ve gathered them all together and call them Carbon. We have formed an innovative, script-to-ship studio that is made up from specialists in every discipline. We are collaborative, award-winning, and solution-oriented directors, designers, CGI & VFX artists, animators, colorists, and producers. We understand the contemporary content-driven landscape, offering a fully-integrated solution, from concept to distribution and anything in between.
Description of Role
Carbon is on the hunt for an experienced MCR Operator at its Chicago studio. Do you believe in teamwork, organization, and making sure that things look awesome? We are expanding our cutting edge VFX/post team and want someone interested in building with us!
MCR Operators are responsible for managing all footage/files coming into and going out of Carbon. They are in charge of monitoring the quality and accuracy of every file that Carbon outputs. This is a “behind the scenes” role that is every bit as important as the artists they support and can determine a project’s ultimate success.
Ultimately, MCR operators are the glue that holds the creative and production teams together to ensure that everyone is able to work at their peak performance and efficiency.
* Thorough QC of every file, every time.
* Prioritize tasks and properly communicate.
* Pro-active communication with artists and producers.
* Prep artwork and assets for artists.
* Participate in weekly Production/Flame meetings when possible to know what’s happening in the forseeable future.
* Interface with Flame artist or project lead at start of project to isolate workflow, unique aspects of project.
* Participate in weekly Tech meetings.
* FrameIO archival.
* Manage Wiredrive tagging and storage.
* Manage FTP storage.
* Manage project archival.
* Manage space on all servers.
* Manage Media Shuttle access.
* Manage Master Library.
Skills & Requirements:
* Experience at a post-production facility in a technical capacity.
* Strong organizational and communication skills.
* Must be able to handle the fast-paced environment of post-production and multi-task.
* Must work well independently as well as with others in a team environment.
* Excellent problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to prioritize workload.
* Flexible work hours.
* Knowledge of or willingness to learn Media Encoder, Photoshop, Resolve and other media software.
* Encoding expertise and familiarity with prevalent video codecs (ProRes, H264, etc.)
* Knowledge of HD/SD file formats.
* Familiarity with Wiredrive, Aspera, Signiant, FrameIO & other file sharing tools.
* Familiarity with various social media platforms.
* Strong proficiency in both Mac and PC operating systems.
* Familiarity with Linux-based command line operations is a plus.
Get in touch with your e-mail and LinkedIn below! Or e-mail your CV and info to email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!