Carbon is an independent creative production studio for artists and clients that enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Based in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, we partner with agencies, brands, filmmakers and friends to craft valueable content.
We are on a mission to evolve, improve and grow, and we reward everyone that invests their valuable time and creative energies with us. Carbon provides a supportive environment for ambitious talent to explore new challenges and unlock their potential. We are proud of our track record in developing talent and building careers.
Description of Role
Carbon is seeking a creatively driven FX Artist with all the technical chops to work with our CG team in creating high end VFX and design projects.
This position is open to remote, but must work within PST or EST timezones. Get in touch with your e-mail and LinkedIn below! Or e-mail your CV and info to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
* Produce reviewable outputs of FX elements which may include final renders for certain elements.
* Collaborate with other department members to ensure that shots are delivered to the highest possible standard.
* Work closely with an FX Supervisor to determine design solutions required for various effects.
* Facilitate and maintain a clear and concise construction of work files.
* Stay up-to-date with new software features and technical knowledge.
* Partner with Designers and Creative Directors to produce styleframes and designs for project pitches.
* Partner with the Creative Technology department in order to generate real-time ready assets.
* Investigate new workflows, tools and efficiencies within the department.
* Help solve technical issues with your own work as well as helping teammates.
Skills & Requirements:
* 2-5 years as an FX artist using Houdini software or relevant software.
* Ability to author HDAs (Houdini Digital Assets) for use in Houdini or external applications through Houdini Engine.
* Knowledge of VFX / Python scripting within various contexts of Houdini is a plus.
* Familiarity of Karma, Mantra and/or Arnold render engines are a plus.
* Familiarity of USD Workflows are a plus.
* Experience using Houdini to create assets suitable for real-time rendering software such as Unreal Engine is a plus.
* Good problem-solving skills and ability to do self-directed learning.
* Ability to follow feedback and instruction from supervisors and leads.
* Must have excellent organizational and time management experience, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and have strong communication skills.
* Python Scripting.
* Relevant render engines.
* Nuke and Maya a plus.