Carbon is an innovative, full-service creative studio, specializing in visual effects, motion graphics, design and color. We help our clients reach their target audience through engaging visual storytelling, taking inspiration from fine art, cinema, design and the world around us. We dissect each concept to its core, then develop it further, until we reach the best possible solution for every brief.
Our talented team of artists employ state-of-the-art hardware and software, but we’re not just white collar, desk-bound artists. We get excited about the hand-made as much as the high-tech, creating exciting work we are proud of, whilst keeping it fun and personal among our staff. Care to join us?
Description of Role
The Designer is a multi-disciplinary visual artist that will bring concepts to life through the development of style frames and layouts for animation and motion graphics production. Carbon generates a broad range of creative output, so the ideal candidate will possess a willingness to work across broadcast, social, film, print, and emerging mediums. The Designer must be an ideas-driven problem solver who follows current trends and techniques without having an overly-dominating style to their work.
The Designer will support Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Lead Artists on pitches, maintaining a clear creative voice throughout a project’s lifespan. S/he must be able to assess the essential needs of each project and produce relevant creative solutions for a variety of campaigns, both large and small, in a fast-paced, deadline-based environment.
* A carefully considered, multidisciplinary portfolio of work
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
* A general working knowledge of 2D/3D animation and filmmaking
* Strong communication skills and a collaborative spirit
* A self-starter with the drive to continually explore new styles, trends, and techniques
* Illustration, character design, and storyboarding abilities
* An appreciation of typography and graphic design principles
* 3D experience (such as C4D or Maya) is a plus