PR & Marketing Assistant
Carbon is an independent creative production studio for artists and clients that enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Based in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, we partner with agencies, brands, filmmakers, and friends, crafting ideas into valuable content across advertising, shorts, tv and film.
We are on a mission to evolve, improve and grow, and we reward everyone that invests their valuable time and creative energies with us. Carbon provides a supportive environment for ambitious talent to explore new challenges and unlock their potential. We are proud of our track record in developing talent and building careers.
Description of Role
Do you love film, design, brand stories and writing? We’re on the hunt for a proactive partner to promote our work and people.
As PR & Marketing Assistant, you will work closely with the studio’s Head of Marketing and Social Media Manager to support our strategy across Carbon’s website, social media, PR, events and branding.
This is an entry level position open to ET, CT or PT time zones. Get in touch below or e-mail email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you.
• Social Media – Support posts across Carbon’s channels about our projects, people, process and news.
• Content creation and internal collaboration – Work with Carbon artists, directors and producers to create fun engaging content. The more ideas the better! Including behind the scenes, case studies, reels, award entry films, scene breakdowns and licensing music.
• Team calendar – Keep the team calendar up to date across project launches, PR, events, awards, news, panels and festivals.
• Website – Build project pages and case studies.
• Collateral – Support brand continuity across digital and physical collateral. Eg. ordering Carbon branded swag and setting up headshot shoots.
• Decks – Work with Carbon artists to update decks.
• PR – Send out releases and track pick up.
• Events – Purchase tickets across conferences, festivals and award shows.
• Team Admin – Maintain status doc, provide budget info when relevant.
* Writing (work with Carbon artists to learn about a project and write copy.)
* Creative eye (pull engaging stills/gifs and pick thumbnails.)
* Proactive / drive projects forward (We’re always looking for new ways to share our work and process! Share your ideas with us, and we’ll have fun working on them together.)
* Social media (experience posting, tagging and optimizing to increase reach.)
* Strong admin and organizational skills.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel…)
* WordPress/Website CMS.
* Google slides.
* Google Analytics.
* Understanding of commercials production (across script, shoot production, edit, VFX/CG/design/animation, color and finish).